Single boiler, dual-purpose system
- Brass: The small 250 ml boiler helps keep a constant water temperature and facilitate the espresso coffee extraction.
- High wattage heating element: 1000 watt heating element for quicker reaction time when cold water enters the boiler.
- Very quick warm-up time: We clocked the warm-up time for this machine (this includes the grouphead and portafilter when locked in) to be ~10 minutes. This is mainly due to the high wattage of the heating element and small size brass boiler. We found this to be very convenient for morning warm-ups, especially when in a rush.
- Three-way solenoid valve: Allows immediate removal of the portafilter immediately after the espresso extraction (or when the pump switch in coffee mode is off).
- Pressure gauge – Displays in real time the pressure during coffee extraction. Only 9-10 bar is necessary to make espresso. This gauge will help perfect your espresso shot.
- Push-button: Oval chromed switches for power, coffee, and steam.
- Steam/water knob: Located on the right of the espresso machine. Allows you to control the intensity of the steam or water output.
- Swivel: The wand comes with a plastic grip. This helps you move the steam wand and protects your fingers from burning.
- Multi-purpose: Used for both steam or hot water depending on the current mode.
- Short wait time: This is due to the small boiler and high wattage heating element.
- Frothing aid: The wand has this extra piece which injects extra air along with the steam. This helps in creating a more “frothy” texture.
- Stainless steel body and frame: Polished to a mirror finish and rust-resistant.
- Water tank visibility: There is an opening on the left side of the machine. This allows you to see the water level. This is a lot easier than opening the top cover and peeking in.
- Water tray grate: The tray is plastic. The cover is stainless steel. Both are removable for easy cleaning.
- Power cord: The cord is completely detachable from the machine. This helps prevent damage if you are moving or long term storing the machine. It also fits nicely in the drip tray.
- Cup warmer: Passive heat from the boiler below helps warms up cups.
- Portafilters: Dual spout portafilter.
- Filter baskets: 1-cup filter basket which holds approximately 7 grams. 2-cup filter basket which holds approximately 14 grams. Pod filter basket for use with E.S.E. pods. 57 mm in diameter.
- Tamper: A cheap plastic tamper. Manufacturers will normally include a tamper like this to keep the overall selling price of the machine low. We recommend upgrading to a better tamper.
- Coffee scoop: A simple plastic scoop if you are using pre-ground coffee.