Lelit Mara X PL62X Heat Exchange Espresso Machine
Note: Because we have not yet received these units into our inventory, the information below about the Lelit Mara X PL62X Heat Exchange Espresso Machine is subject to change.
The Lelit Mara X is the manufacturer’s next big innovation, as of the end of March 2020! Furthermore, two years in researching and developing to perfect the E61 heat exchanger system now comes to friction! The E61 grouphead is inside the Mara X’s aesthetic stainless steel body with a DUAL PID adjustable temperature sensor within the stainless steel boiler and heat exchanger. Now you can be an amazing home barista, thanks to how compact the Mara X is with its semi-commercial qualities.
Lelit has researched to decrease the noise of a vibration pump when compared to other E61 machines with vibration pumps. In addition, the Lelit Mara X espresso machine integrates not 1, but 2 PID sensors to monitor temperature stability for higher quality espresso extractions.
With the help of some of these features as well as the machine’s incredible heat exchange system, you will be producing excellent espressos, cappuccinos, and lattes in no time!
Heat exchange system:
- Pull a shot & steam milk at the same time – Steam is always readily available. Hence, there is no wait time going from coffee to steam mode. Works well if entertaining a small group of people.
- Manual resettable safety thermostat – Located on top of the boiler.
- Stainless steel, insulation – The boiler is made of stainless steel, but please note any stainless steel boiler can develop limescale. Therefore, we highly recommend using a water softener. The manufacturer wraps the boiler with insulation for maximum heat retention. Internal pipes also in copper.
- Thermo-siphon double-cycle system – Keeps the brew group and the boiler always hot, at the right temperature.
- Polymer tubing connection – From the boiler to steam and hot water valves: Alimentary. Able to withstand high pressure and high temperatures up to 620 °F. Facilitates easier repairs. Most importantly, are limescale free.
- Power-saving system – Decreases the pressure in the steam boiler when the PL62X is not in active use. Thus, this prevents any needless misuse.
- Preset Temperature programming – Allows you to select from 3 different boiler temperature ranges for different coffee blends.
- Pre-set Temperatures Modes – With each mode comes three pre-set temperatures, which are warm, hot, and extra hot.
- Steam and coffee temperature detection – Performed two times per second and modifies the settings, depending on if the unit is given priority to coffee mode or steam mode.
- Double probe system – Sustains the brew temperature in order to consistently make the best shots of espresso.
Silent Technology Vibratory pump:
- Efficient and quieter vibration pump – New Lelit Exclusive vibration pump that permits you to brew your espresso in your now utmost silent kitchen. Additionally, it provides water flow that gives you the flexibility to make all different types of coffee using different roasts.
- Cost-effective – Pumps will degrade in performance over time. Replacing a vibration pump will cost less than a rotary vane pump.
Tank / reservoir system:
- Auto-shutoff – Prevents the heating element from damaging when there is no or low water in the reservoir. There is a two-stage shut off. There is a magnetic float in the water tank that detects when the water is low. The other is the spring-activated plate underneath the water tank that detects when the tank is removed.
- Particle filter – Protects the machine from any unseen particles from entering the boiler. You can remove this filter if you are installing an inline water softener.
- This machine can not be plumbed in.
- Always refill the tank / reservoir outside of the machine.
Dual pressure gauge:
- Steam (boiler) pressure gauge – Top half of boiler, which has steam, is measured. Measurement is from 0 to 4 bar. Optimal pressure is between 0.8 and 1.2.
- Brew pressure gauge – This gauge measures the pump pressure required to get the water through the ground espresso coffee in the filter basket. If too coarse, the gauge will be below 8 bar. If too fine, the gauge will be over 10 bar. The same applies to the amount of the coffee in the basket as well as the tamping pressure. Measures from 0 to 16 bar. Optimal pressure is between 8 and 10.
- Constantly heated – Hot water circulates from the heat exchanger through the grouphead and back. This is known as the thermosyphon loop.
- Unique and accurate temperature – Unlike most traditional E61 espresso machines, the Lelit Mara X will allow you to extract espresso temperature is within 2 degrees C. Additionally, you can produce espresso any time without flushing to keep the grouphead’s temperature down.
- Pre-infusion – Lever next to the grouphead activates a microswitch which turns on the pump to pump water through the coffee grinds. Pulling the lever halfway up will open the valve to allow water into the grouphead without activating the pump. Please note that true pre-infusion requires the direct water connection whereby the water pressure from the water line creates true pre-infusion. In a reservoir machine, the preinfusion is driven by the build up internal pressure in the heat exchanger. The newly-designed quieter pump enables getting a longer pre-infusion once the lever is brought all the way up to the horizontal position.
- Short wait time – The Lelit Mara PL62X is NOW one of the only espresso machines with an E61 grouphead that has a short waiting time in between brewing espresso. Get ready for those back to back shots when entertaining your guests!
Separate steam / hot water wands:
- Multi-directional – Allows for more movement and flexibility. The wands connect to the valves on an angle to the side for even more flexibility. As a result, there is less risk of burning oneself from the exposed grouphead.
- Cool touch feature – The Lelit Mara X espresso machine sports cool touch steam wands, meaning that you will not burn yourself while touching them! Additionally, they are simple to clean in order for you to avoid limescale and further enjoy creating your desired microfroth.
- 2-hole steam tip – Allows for a slow gradual build-up of microfoam.
- Rotational knobs – Allows for easier control of the intensity. Joysticks typically have full open and full closed positions.
- Stainless steel – Brushed finish diminishes fingerprints.
- New custom temperature switch – No need to worry about the PL62X’s brewing temperature! Now you can use this new switch behind the drip tray and choose one of three settings. Furthermore, these settings are warm, hot, or extra hot.
- Height-adjustable feet – Can compromise with the size of your kitchen cabinets.
- Power plug – Completely detaches from the espresso machine and can fit into the drip tray for long term storage.
- Portafilter – 1 coffee slide spout portafilter with three filters (9-11g/14-18g/18-21g).
- Measuring scoop – A simple plastic scoop used to measure and dose pre-ground espresso coffee.
- Filter baskets – Three filter baskets included (single 9-11 grams, double 14-18 grams, and triple 18-21 grams)
- Blind filter basket – used for backflushing/backwashing
- Water softener resin filter – recharge minimum twice a month (depending on water hardness) and replace once every 6 months
- Small Cup Riser – Suitable to lift 2 espresso cups so there is less distance in the extraction to cup. This improves quality in the cup.
- Cleaning brush – For cleaning the grouphead gasket
- Tamper – A solid 58 mm tamper in stainless steel and red wood handle. One less accessory you will need to buy.
- Kit for initial cleaning –
- Backflushing: 3 single-dose packs for the 1st time as well as cleaning the accessories.
- Steam wand cleaning: 1 dose bottle for the 1st time.
- Instruction manual
Espresso Machine Warning:
- ELECTRICAL WARNING: To avoid electrical damage to this espresso machine which is not considered a manufacturer's defect, please acquire and install a single-outlet surge suppressor rated at 1080 joules or higher. the lack of the recommended surge suppressor, the espresso machine can be damaged at the power switch, the electronics, the heating element, the pressurstat or the wiring inside.
- WATER WARNING: To increase the useful life of and not damage your espresso machine, please use softened water. Softened water is water without calcium and without magnesium, but still has other minerals for espresso extraction. Do not use distilled water, purified water, nor reverse osmosis water as these types of water create oxidation with the metals and cause the same damaging effects as limescale.
- DESCALING WARNING: We do not recommend descaling unless there is an issue with the espresso machine. The reason is that too much descaling can eat away at the metals and gaskets inside an espresso machine.
Please have this information on your websites and catalogs.